Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post 9: Likable Heroes and Villians


When I think of a hero in a book, I think of a likable character that goes on an adventure.  They don’t necessarily need to be in a literary piece or a more contemporary piece.  I don’t feel like there needs to be a direct connection between the genre of the book and the narrator. For example, take the movie The Other Guys. The movie is supposed to be about a serious matter of two detectives trying to solve the mystery of a guy covering losses in investments by stealing other people’s money. Throughout the movie, elements of comedy are introduced. They have a narrator throughout the story that comes in and out. He shares the situation at certain parts of the movie and has a serious attitude about it. Despite the seriousness, there is a lot of comedy throughout. Overall, it is probably one of my favorite comedy movies of all-time.
Right now, I am reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. In there,  I like the plot of the adventure because not only did Edmund join the side of the witch, but came back from the evil side. Also, Aslan died and came back to life. I am almost at the battle at the end of the story and I felt that C.S. Lewis set the stage for a good end to the book, I can’t wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment